Carnegie Visual Arts Center Policies and Procedures for Rental Customers
The Carnegie Visual Arts Center welcomes you to this beautiful facility. The Historic Carnegie was built in 1904 and served as the public library in Decatur for over 70 years. The Carnegie is a public building that now serves as the area’s first art museum and education center. As a public facility, The Carnegie is available for public use as a rental facility for meetings, receptions and similar events. The Carnegie must be treated with respect for its historical significance and value to the community.
Base rental of the Carnegie Visual Arts Center includes:
- Use of Carnegie building public areas
- Use of Carnegie tables and chairs
- Drop off of items and deliveries during normal business hours
- Pre-approved set up of tables and chairs by Carnegie staff
- Carnegie staff person on site during rental
- General garbage removal and normal custodial service after rental
- Non-Carnegie staff (i.e. caterer, florist) set up time, off-hours deliveries, and rehearsal time counts toward rental time
Rental rates and information for the Carnegie Visual Arts Center are as follows:
- $800 base rental which covers the minimum five hours of building use, including set up time, event time, and clean up time.
- Each additional hour will be billed at $100 per hour
- A refundable $250 damage deposit
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited by the City of Decatur in the Carnegie Visual Arts Center during third-party usage.
For more specific rental information please call The Carnegie at 256-341-0562 or email email@example.com